What We Do
Room at the Inn provides immediate, temporary shelter to homeless women and families in St. Louis County. In addition, we work with them to create an individualized plan back to self-sufficiency, including referrals to other human services agencies. Then we mentor them to improve their chances for success.
Room at the Inn provides:
- Safe, clean, immediate housing
- Lunch and snacks
- Case management, to help clients identify and correct the causes of their homelessness
- Physical and mental health evaluations
- Substance abuse evaluations and counseling
- Domestic abuse counseling
- Goal setting assistance
- Referrals to more than 50 outside agencies
- Life-skills classes, including financial management, parenting and job skills
- Showers, laundry and kitchen facilities
- Telephone, computer and Internet access
- Transportation to and from appropriate agencies/services
- Housing placement assistance
- Individual and group counseling for children, provided by Catholic Family Services.
While staying at Room at the Inn, children are able to continue attending their own school, providing some continuity in their lives. Transportation to and from the school is provided.